Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Baltimore Plot

Working out Kate's investigation into the Baltimore plot. Haven't written about Lincoln since Saturday, which is weird as I'd really felt like I was bonding with the man somehow. Plus, so many Lincoln references were popping up all the time -- Fallout 3, The Simpsons, Obama's speech -- that I felt like I was really onto something. Some day I will be forced to meld the two parts of this novel into one cohesive thing. I had really planned on focusing on Booth and Dubois, but that has fallen by the wayside as well. Funny that when you plan something to be a story that jumps around from time to time with separate chunks of stories, it falls apart into a non-cohesive mess. Who woulda thunk it?

Kate's cool though, and I enjoy writing about her and Pinkerton. Have I said that already? I must have done. I somehow write 1800 words in a short period of time. Count now stands at 20,488, which is 2162 words ahead of pace and an average of 1863 words a day. Not too shabby. Two years ago, I was at 26,300 words, averaging 2391 words a day.

But we're 40.98% of the way there. Go us!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home